Vehicle Design & Development
Component & Subsystem
Optimal has extensive experience of creating electric vehicle platform systems that integrate the battery pack housing, electric motors, gearbox and the front and rear suspension systems.Balancing conflicting requirements effectively to ensure vehicle range, safety targets and dynamic performance are all satisfied.
- Optimized battery housing that is efficiently integrated with the BIW to achieve global stiffness requirements
- Propulsion system packaging with front and rear chassis subframes including dynamic movement clearance checks
- Development of component & system installation including tool access
Optimal has a dedicated team of battery experts that have been developing electric vehicle battery systems for over 20 years.
Optimal’s battery development capabilities include:
- EV Battery benchmarking
- Select battery chemistry to match vehicle performance
- Module design and development
- Cell to cell and cell to bus bar welding analysis
- Pack design and development
- Thermal management analysis
- Safety/crash analysis
- BMS development, electrical wiring and controls development
- Prototype build
- Testing & Validation
Optimal has experience developing:
- Testbed mule electric vehicles equipped with prototype components
- Evaluation of vehicle controls with EV powertrain
- Design and build prototype electric vehicle for evaluation
Optimal Full Vehicle Testing Services utilize some of the industry’s most recognized equipment and software tools to provide our customers with high quality analysis that they need to evaluate competitive products or optimized their own product designs.
Enlarge Image +
Optimal offers the following full vehicle testing services:
- Full vehicle simulation models
- CAE validation including aerodynamics, durability, crash, safety, NVH, CFD
- On-Dyno or On-Road performance testing
Award Winning Quality Service & Value
Through the application of the latest technology coupled with a highly experienced, trained and efficient staff, Optimal is the Engineering Services provider of choice for many companies. Optimal is the recipient of the Ford Motor Company Technical Silver Partner Award for their CAE Services.
Optimal maintains its ISO-9001:2008, ISO-14001:2004, is a certified Minority Supplier, and is a member of the Michigan Minority Business Development Council (MMBDC). Optimal was the recipient of the Ford Motor Company Technical Silver Partner Award for their CAE Services.